Sunday, February 10, 2008

Titanic (#83)









Titanic-

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater, Billy Zane as Cal Hockley,
Released: 1997
Director: James Caneron
Netflix rating: 3.7 stars, my rating: 3.5 stars
Favorite quote(s): Jack: Where to, Miss? Rose: To the stars.

This movie is incredibly long. It took me 3 nights to watch it. Of course I was really tired all three of those nights. What I like about this movie I think far outways the things that I don't like.
  • I like that James Camerson did A LOT of research and pre-production work prior to filming.
  • I like that James Cameron is a real artist- he drew all the sketches in Jack's book as well as the pic of Rose.
  • I like that Camerson tried to get actors that looked like the real people to portray the real characters.
  • I like that he forfeited his own salary for this movie to get made because it went so far over budget.
  • I like that some of the scene's are replicas of the movie "A Night to Remember" about the sinking of the Titanic.
  • I also like that a lot of the lines in the movie were ad libbed. (I think that makes a movie more real- not that you know until you read that they were ad libbed- but you get the point- I like it).
  • I just read too that there really was a J. Dawson on board Titanic. He was Irish and went down with the ship.

What didn't I like- not a whole lot really, but it is a little too cheesy in some parts. It is a love story after all. The thing is- I am sure that something like this or similiar to it COULD have happened on the Titanic or another ship- so I think that it is based in reality.

The story of Titanic is so tragic that watching a movie about it almost seems morbid. Thinking about all those people that lost their lives on the "Unsinkable Ship" breaks my heart. And the absolute horror of watching the ship go down, either being in one of the resue boats, on the ship or already in the freezing water makes me crazy. This is a good movie and the soundtrack is good, and I think you should watch it DAD!!

1 comment:

Starlite said...

Have you not watched any other movies this past week????