Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New goal

I have been inspired! It doesn't really take that much...My blog is going to take on a new life for a while....a revived one at that- sorry it's been so long. So here's the story morning glory:

I was reading a magazine that Becky left behind...It was the January edition of Elle Magazine...usually just fashion and girly stuff. This issue however had an interesting article. It was about 8 people that took on a New Year's task for 30 days. One person worked for on improving her memory, one worked on eating right, one worked on reading poetry and liking it. The one that inspired me was the person wthat gave up TV to watch as many of the AFI's 100 greatest movies. This is where the idea came in: I don't really watch TV as it is, so that's the easy part. But, I want to watch ALL 100 movies that the AFI has deemed to be the greatest movies of all time. I just looked them up on-line and printed off the list. I have gone to Netflix and loaded my queue with a good majority of them and will set off on my journey as soon as the first one arrives. Actually I think that I own a few of them, and will watch one tonight. I plan on turning my boring (you can agree with that, it's okay) and practically non-existent blog into a movie review forum. Ok- that's a little too "Ebert and Roper" or whoever- but you get the idea....movies will be my life and that of my blog from now on....100 movies, 100 reviews and other quippy things....I'm sure you will all be waiting with bated breath....I know I am.....

So the question I pose to all of you is.... What should the new and improved title of this bolg be....I have already changed the tag line....but the title is eluding me. Help me out with some suggestions, if you would. Also, should I start with#100 and go up the list or should I start at #1 and go down the list??

1 comment:

Starlite said...

YEAH! :-)You finally updated your blog! I know that I shouldn't talk, because I don't have a blog, but I have been contemplating on starting one! Anywho, this whole 100 AFI movie quest, sounds awesome. Send me the list! You know me, I love movies too. Anyways, it was really good to see you when I came home. Talk soon. Love you!